Ten Pakistani Cricketers Tested COVID-19 Positive

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has announced that 10 Pakistani Cricketers tested positive for COVID-19 during a test round before the team was put together for their England tour.

Pakistani Cricketers

Initially, it was found that three players – Haider Ali, Haris Rauf and Shadab Khan – tested positive before adding another seven names – Fakhar Zaman, Imran Khan, Kashif Bhatti, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Rizwan and Wahab Riaz – which were added List a day later. In addition, a member of the support team, masseur Malang Ali, also performed positive tests.

None of the 35 players and support staff tested – including the 11 tested positive – showed symptoms before the test, PCB chief Wasim Khan said.

Pakistan has announced that another seven players have now tested positive for COVID-19.

Fakhar Zaman, Imran Khan, Kashif Bhatti, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Rizwan, and Wahab Riaz were all tested positive in addition to the three previously mentioned cases.

“The recent positive tests from some of the best athletes who showed no symptoms clearly reflect the danger this virus poses,” Khan said in a press release.

“As such, and on behalf of the printed circuit board, I once again urge the public to strictly observe all safety precautions recommended and recommended by the federal and state governments in order to ensure their health and safety as well as their loved ones and close ones.

“As for the players who tested positive, we will continue to monitor and support them, including performing antibody tests. Once they test negative, they will be flown to join the squad in England. They are currently doing so. ” was advised to isolate themselves so that they not only recover quickly but also prevent their other family members from becoming infected. “

Pakistani Cricketers
LONDON, ENGLAND – JUNE 18: Fakhar Zaman of Pakistan celebrates his century during the ICC Champions trophy cricket match between India and Pakistan at The Oval in London on June 18, 2017 (Photo by Clive Rose/Getty Images)

Despite the setback, Khan insisted that the tour to England was not threatened, although he confirmed that contingency plans would be put in place if more players tested positive in later rounds of testing.

“The tour to England is going very well and the team is scheduled to leave on June 28th. Fortunately, all Red Ball squads of first choice, with the exception of Mohammad Rizwan, are negative, which means that they start training immediately can begin after they have been tested and given the all-clear when they arrive in England

“In the meantime, Misbah-ul-Haq is reviewing the training plan in England and consolidating plans for reserve players to be tested as a backup.”

According to the PCB, players who tested negative will undergo a second round of testing on Thursday, June 25th, after gathering in a bio-safe environment in Lahore.

Those who test negative a second time will then travel to England, where they will be tested again within 24 hours of their arrival. They then enter a two-week quarantine, in accordance with the UK government regulations, in which they can exercise in a bio-safe environment.

Players who test positive or have already tested positive during this process can rejoin the squad after their minimum quarantine period ends and then return two negative tests.

Leave a Reply